Why You Should Work With Micro Influencers In 2020
If you are working in any way within the marketing scenario, then you definitely will have come across the term influencer by now. If you are toying with the idea of using influencer marketing for your brand or still doubtful about it, you should read this article. Before forming a strategy for an influencer program, it is necessary to understand how it works. If you have employed the services of a digital marketing company then they will be able to explain this to you.
What Are Micro Influencers
Influencers are the people who have a large following on any social media channel. Above all their followers trust and respect their opinion about things that they say. Their opinions may be about lifestyle, way of thinking or niche topics. They share their opinions through blogs, articles, YouTube videos or other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. The channels that they choose fit their audience and style. How this will work in favor for your brand. The influencers normally talk about specific products and services which have been highly useful for them and have enhanced their life by bringing happiness, success, fitness etc. They can do this for your brand also by recommending it to their followers.
These individuals are popular bloggers and social media gurus who have a strong online presence. The micro influencers have a small but very interactive following. The number of followers for micro influencers ranges from 1000 to 100,000. However, you should not go simply by the number of followers. Instead you should check the level interaction and this should be high. The good micro influencers have followers who read, view and engage with the content that they write. Their followers are truly interested in the topics that they write and if there is an influencer review then they will accept it for what the influencer says in the review about the different products and services.
Reasons Why You Should Work With Micro Influencers
- Brand Awareness: When any stranger in your target audience group sees your brand name it may not mean anything to him or her in the first glance. They may not recognize your logo, brand name tagline etc. However, when the product or service becomes associated with a message, a meaning and a recommendation with the help of influencer marketing then you will become more trustworthy and memorable. Moreover, when the target audience sees the blogs videos or other forms of communication endorsing your brand then they will understand what your brand is all about. They will associate you with something positive. In other words they will become aware of your brand. The larger the number of people who hear your business being discussed by their favorite influencer the more they will identify with your brand.
- Trust: The micro influencers have a strong connection with their followers who trust their opinion. This is why if you associate your brand with the influencers then what they say about your brand will be trusted by the target audience. Influencer advertising is more natural looking compared to other methods. Some influencers are adept at integrating information about your brand with any story they may be sharing with their followers and they do this in a very organic manner. Of course banner ads and other types of advertising are no doubt still necessary for success of your brand, but a combination will attract a wider range of audience to make them interested in your product or service.
- Exposure: Of course you should not choose just anyone as your micro influencer, but the more individuals who join the conversation about your product or service the better results you will get. This way more eyes will be exposed to your brand and there will be greater chances of creating a voice that is heard even in some very saturated markets.
- Keywords: You will be able to position your brand with the phrases and words which you will include in the influencer program. The prospects that you have in mind and the target customers are usually searching for these keywords on search engine pages. Influencers will be able to help you become associated with the keywords and hence this will improve your SERP. This way you will be shooting two birds with one stone. On one hand the influencers spread their word endorsing your brand and on the other hand your search engine ranking goes higher.
- No Ad Blockers: According to a study from as early as 2017, 615 million devices use an ad blocker of some kind. However, what your influencer does for you is not a regular advertisement. Instead people want to hear and read him or her. They look forward to the posts, videos and other messages that an influencer places on the social media channel. This way you will be saved from the ad blockers and the micro influencers will make sure that your message is heard and read by the large number of people associated with them as followers.
- Long Term Success: Most of the content that comes from influencer collaboration will remain live for a long period of time or even indefinitely. This is why if a campaign goes live now, it can have an impact even 2 years down the line. Of course this doesn’t mean that you have to wait for two years to get your message being heard. It is just that once you have started an influencer review campaign then it will keep on coming in the notice of their followers.
- Measurability: Nowadays all aspects of marketing are measurable. This is because of the availability of Google Analytics and custom URLs, coupon codes and the marketing firms own tracking abilities. You don’t have to make unsure guesses about the efficacy of your marketing campaign because everything is measurable. Reporting makes sure that you get the correct information about how many target customers have come in contact with your advertisement.
These are the main reasons why you should work with influencers especially in the year 2020. It is because, by now the influencer marketing trend has picked up momentum and will last a long time to come.